21.10.09

Minnie Riperton (1947 - 1979)



Probably had a too short career, but for sure, many of us remember Minnie Riperton, like many black women in those years, but with a characteristic: a more sweet, quiet, romantic and soul voice.

I wanna give you five pearls, moving from tearjerker "Inside My Love" to such Disco-Funk songs that were part of (for example) Loft & Paradise Garage tracklist.


(EPIC, UK, 1975)


More shakin' booty with:


(EPIC, FRANCE, 1974)


(EPIC, US, 1975)


(EPIC, US, 1977)




In 2001 Jean Jacques Smoothie released a synth-pop track called "2 People" that saw a rebirth of Minnie' s celestial voice.
Here my personal favourite Mirwais version:


(ECHO, UK, 2001)

2 comments:

  1. Excellent! I love this track. Looked all over for it. The youtube video i sooo 90's it's great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man I appreciate. Check out our new address for more stuff!
    http://longosound.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete